For our third drawing assignment, we have been asked to create 6-9 11”x15” drawings that demonstrate and narrate a particular political idea/social event that has happened within the last 10 years.
I have chosen to do mine on religion— a very broad topic, and also one that is a never-ending topic. Though, I have narrowed it down to focus mainly on the idea that religion is man-made and therefore extremely flawed. How then, can I depict these flaws within organized religion (particularly christian) and somehow express that it is null? My imagery will reflect several “plays” on typical religious imagery… some of which may be particularly offensive to certain people; but the idea remains strong- of course this is what I hope to accomplish.
My images will reflect the following ideas:
1. the misunderstood character of Lucifer
2. the game of “telephone” (verbal communication of religious ideology is misheard/mistranslated over time, resulting in a misconstrued version of the original meaning)
3. “God” is female
4. symbolism noted as ambiguous; it is changed according to viewpoint and revised accordingly (ie. crosses have separate meanings away from christianity, etc)
5. the fact that other religions exist; making it impossible for one religion to truly be “correct”
6. the fact that christianity is from an egocentric, earthly, human-based viewpoint; therefore ignoring the idea of life on other planets and the development of heavenly bodies/the universe (which is only briefly mentioned in the bible)
7. neglecting to follow religious virtues & blame it on sin
8. the “loophole” of sinning [ie/ do whatever you want just to be forgiven- defeats the purpose]
errr. yeah. so if I think of more, I shall be ammending this list.
feedback is awesome, xo
excerpted from [this] article.
I have been trying to make this point evident for years now.
tonight I do not feel like understanding;
my brain has shut off; my soul is exposed.. I am floating gently through time absorbing every detail emotionally. my reactions are slowly shying from reason and turning towards feeling. instinct. the rationality of the heart which is [in truth] irrational.
I don’t know how long this will last, but I am wounded/
Their name sounds familiar, but I don’t think i’ve ever listened! Any suggestions on specific songs/albums to download? I’ll check them out :) thanks!
So, my mono lasted like a week and a half… even though the doctor told me to expect to feel extremely lethargic for 4-6 weeks. I think I actually ended up feeling lethargic for 2 days, and after that, school started. There was no time to feel sick, because I am in a college art class that literally KICKS YOUR ASS.
I would just like to say, for the record, that I have been busting art out like crazy… and because i’ve been so completely focused on something I like to do, and determined to do it to the standards of my class, I have also kicked mono’s ass.
Yup. Just goes to prove the concept of mind over body… just gotta tell yourself there is no time to be sick, and push through.